Kathy Jakielski, LMP, CCST
I’m an ex-rocket scientist/corporate road warrior who thought that massage was a luxury, listening to your heart was super crazy, and that logic was supreme over intuition.
This all head/no heart lifestyle nearly killed me. Turns out that listening to my body and being kind to it was the thing that saved me.
So, I created a practice to teach people how to listen to their heads and their hearts through their bodies. My little engineer brain was surprised to find that this stuff really works and it brings way more fun, prosperity and peace into life too. Triple win. #notrocketscience
This is a guru-free zone. I don’t know what’s best for you but I have full faith that you know what’s true for you…and if you can cultivate that relationship between the head and the heart, you’re gonna keep shining baby.
- Licensed Massage Practitioner, Washington State since 2008, #MA60018838
- Licensed Massage Practitioner, Hawaii State since 2016, MAT14844
- Licensed Massage Practitioner, Pennsylvania State since 2015, MSG010411
- Certified Craniosacral Therapist, Biodynamic Model since 2009
- Intra-oral Massage Therapy Endorsement, since 2009
- Touch of Relief, Outreach coordinator to veterans and families, 2010-2015
- Instructor, Curriculum Developer, Discovery Point School of Massage, 2016-2017
- Hospice of Kona, Bereavement Services Volunteer & Caregiver Relief Volunteer, current
- Girl Scouts of Hawaii, Leadership Advisor, Kamuela, HI, current
- More stuff over at Linkedin
- BA Anthropology, BS Materials Science Engineering, Lehigh University, 1998
- Craniosacral Certification with Beth Cachat
- Advanced Craniosacral/Integrated Traditional Healing Mentorship with Robert Lester, 2008-2009, 2012
- Brenneke School of Massage (now Cortiva), 1000 hours, 2006-2008
- self-regulating the anxiety of the perfectionistic overachiever
- healing from PTSD
- always finding humor in times of change (it’s powerful stuff)